Receive Your Healing
JESUS HEALS THE SICK
'People brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them' (Matthew 4:24).
'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever' (Hebrews 13:8).
THE IMPORTANCE OF BELIEVING IN MIRACLES!
“Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves” (John 14:11).
The miracles of Christ were evidence of His divine nature. For that reason people should have put their faith in Him. Unfortunately many people were not saved because they were unwilling to believe in the power of Jesus Christ.
‘Jesus said to them, “Only in his hometown, among his relatives and in his own house is a prophet without honour.” He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith’ (Mark 6:4-6).
The people of Jesus’ home area found it difficult to accept the tremendous reports of His miracles. When Jesus was among them their lack of faith hindered the work of God. Only a few sick people were healed when Jesus laid His hands upon them, but if they had believed everyone in that area could have been healed.
“But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”
Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:22-24).
Maybe we are often like this man. We want Jesus to help us and we believe that He has the power, but we are still hindered from receiving due to our unbelief. Be encouraged, for nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37).
We can exercise faith for healing by proclaiming healing Scriptures. It is written:
‘He said, “If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you” (Exodus 15:26).
‘Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span’ (Exodus 23:25-26).
‘So Moses cried out to the LORD, “O God, please heal her!” (Numbers 12:13).
‘And the LORD heard Hezekiah and healed the people’ (2 Chronicles 30:20).
‘O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me’ (Psalm 30:2).
‘The LORD will sustain him on his sickbed and restore him from his bed of illness.
I said, “O LORD, have mercy on me; heal me, for I have sinned against you” (Psalm 41:3-4).
‘Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s’ (Psalm 103:2-5).
‘Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men’ (Psalm 107:19-21).
‘Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed’ (Isaiah 53:4-5).
‘Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard. Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I…’ (Isaiah 58:8-9).
‘Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise’ (Jeremiah 17:14).
‘But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall’ (Malachi 4:2).
‘A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.”
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cured of his leprosy’ (Matthew 8:2-3).
KEEPING YOUR HEALING
Healing can be received and all the symptoms and pains can disappear. However, in some cases, it is necessary to stand against a counter-attack from the devil because he seeks to take away the blessings that we have received from God (Mark 4:15). The following steps can help you to maintain your healing:
1) Make Sure That You Are Saved – Receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour is the most important decision of your life. Cry out to the Lord: “Oh Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner. Save me and set me free”
2) Believe That You Have Received Your Healing – Jesus taught us that “whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:24). Thank God for what He is doing in your life.
3) Use Your Authority As A Believer – If you only had a partial healing or if the symptoms start coming back, continue to rebuke the sickness in Jesus’ name. Stand against the works of the enemy and demand that they leave you (Luke 10:19).
4) Maintain A Forgiving Heart – A key to answered prayer is to have a forgiving heart (Mark 11:25). To retain the blessings of God we must forgive others as God has forgiven us.
5) Look After Your Body – Make sure you get enough exercise and have a good diet. Take good care of yourself. Practical medical advice should be heeded.
6) Walk In God’s Peace – No matter what storm you are going through you can have the peace of God in your heart. Do not be anxious about anything, but through prayer cast all your anxiety on God because He cares for you (Philippians 4:6; 1 Peter 5:7).
7) Continue To Get Further Prayer – At times ongoing prayer is necessary and we have to persist in prayer until we receive the answer (Luke 18:1-8). There are many Christians who have faith for healing and have seen God do amazing things, so ask them to continue praying for you. I was healed because I asked someone to pray for me.